Our goal is to help you save money on “Cyber Monday” by answering your questions and directing you to the best sales available. Here are some basic FAQs to help you take advantage of Cyber Monday!
1. What is Cyber Monday?
Cyber Monday represents the hottest sale of the year, online! Online retailers will post unbelievable deals on all the hottest merchandise for this event held only once annually. The only sale that even comes close to competing as far as amazing value is Black Friday, a brick and mortar retail sales event. Many big name online retailers will offer extremely low prices in an effort to kick off the beginning of holiday shopping. Taking advantage of the Cyber Monday sales online will dramatically stretch your holiday budget and make home improvements insanely more affordable.
2. When is Cyber Monday?
Take advantage of Cyber Monday deals on the first Monday after the Thanksgiving holiday. Cyber Monday follows the door-buster Black Friday sales event held by brick and mortar businesses. To secure your favorite products at amazingly low prices, subscribe to our news updates and begin deciding which products and merchandise you plan to purchase several days in advance. (Cyber Monday this year is November 28th, 2016)
3. What is Cyber Week?
Black Friday and Cyber Monday have consistently put retailers in the black, year after year. However, many aren’t able to take advantage of these two special days, due to work and school obligations. To increase sales and extend these amazing deals to every smart shopper, retailers have recently adapted the term ‘Cyber Week’, providing seven full days of exceptional offers to kick-start holiday shopping.
4. What is the difference between Cyber Monday and Black Friday?
There are two major differences between Cyber Monday and Black Friday. Black Friday is held on the first Friday (also the first day) after Thanksgiving, while Cyber Monday is held the first Monday after Thanksgiving. While the Black Friday event is traditionally held at brick and mortar store locations, Cyber Monday is primarily an online sales event.
5. Is it safe to shop online during Cyber Monday?
Yes! You can easily save big money on the products you want without worrying about the security of your personal information by following a few basic rules.
- Shop with trusted online retailers or check with the Better Business Bureau before making purchases from unknown retailer sites.
- Never provide your credit card information if you do not see the ‘padlock’ on the upper left hand side of your address bar, or if the address begins with http:// instead of https://.
- Keep your information private. If the retailer asks for too much information such as your birth-date and social security numbers, do not complete the transaction.
- Keep a close eye on all banking statements, checking them weekly rather than by the month. Notify your cardholder service if there are any discrepancies immediately.
- Maintain a good virus protection on your computer to prevent spyware and other hacks from accessing your information. Many trusted anti-virus services are available online for free so you can take advantage of convenient online shopping.
6. Will I receive my items on time if I shop on Cyber Monday?
Due the nature of this amazing online Cyber Monday sales event and the number of online bargain hunters, merchandise quantities may be limited and restocking may become necessary.
Read all product descriptions and details before making purchases and check the retailer’s shipping policies to find out exactly when your item will arrive, and if store pick-up is an option. If the details are not specific, call the retailer with questions or take advantage of live chat operators who can give you up to the minute information.